Saturday, January 26, 2013





There were some hairy moments...like the time my paper was due to be submitted online by midnight and I was still working on my careplan at 11:45 pm. Or the time when I got a phone call at 7 am on a clinical day from my sister. She called to let me know my brother had died during the night. I actually went to pre-conference and fully intended to go to my unit...my clinical instructor was having none of that! I did it though...I earned my BSN.

Everything fell into place so nicely at the end. A month before graduation, a full 3 weeks later than just about everyone in my cohort, I submitted my application and resume at the medical center my school is affiliated with. The next day nurse recruiting called and asked me to come in that day. I shadowed on my first choice unit and interviewed on the spot. 2 days later I had a job offer (which I accepted).  I took the NCLEX 3 weeks after graduation, it shut off at the minimum number of questions and I cried on the way home.  I passed!

It is official.  I am a brand new, baby RN. Orientation starts in 16 days and I can't wait!

1 comment:

Raine said...

thats awesome, you should be so proud of yourself! I remember when......